Friday, November 25

Rae & Jerry's

There's a place in Winnipeg that time forgot: Rae & Jerry's. And thank goodness! It's perfectly marvelous. Rae and Jerry's is a steakhouse from the late 50's and nothing, not the menu, not the interior, not the cocktail list, has been changed since then. If you ever feel like dolling yourself up Betty Draper style (and who among us doesn't?) then hitting the town this is the place to go. It has a special authenticity to those of us who grew up hearing about their grandparents good times there. The deep red hues and candlelight have a wonderful effect on my confidence, I can't help but feel a little more elegant the moment I walk in the door. And the food is simply great too!

 

1405 Portage Avenue  Winnipeg, MB R3G 0W1, Canada(204) 783-6155

2 comments:

  1. Your blog has a rare sense of design. I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I be able to use your first photo of the Rae and Jerry's menu on our website for a media release? Please contact Angela@plugin.org
    It would work great and I don't like to steal :)

    ReplyDelete